Home » Pharmacy Schools
Category Archives: Pharmacy Schools
Our Mission and Vision
Keeping with the founding values of Touro College, our vision is to help build a better society through improving the overall health and education of all individuals, families, and communities.
Inspire and educate ethical leaders in pharmacy through a collegial culture, research, scholarship, and expanded experiential opportunities with a commitment to excellence. We will establish partnerships to improve the health and wellness of the underserved in Harlem and beyond. The College will advance the pharmacy profession by preparing students to practice, with a focus on public health, in an evolving health care system. We will strive for diversity in our faculty and staff, and endeavor to recruit a student body that includes underrepresented minorities.
We will prepare students to become excellent pharmacists and responsible citizens.
Our graduates are not only competent drug information specialists and experts in medication safety, they:
- Promote health, wellness, and prevention of disease
- Understand the science of drug discovery, development, and approval
- Have a nuanced grasp of national and global health care systems
- Serve as advocates for patients and the profession
- Apply basic science principles for development of individualized patient care
- Provide culturally competent and ethical patient services
- Confidently apply public health concepts to address population and person-specific health issues
- Successfully manage and lead while remaining life-long learners
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Integrate health economic principles for cost-effective medication management
- Recognize barriers to health care access in underserved populations, and work to break those barriers down